Ticket #3399 (new defect)
Bugs associated with searching
|Reported by:||tdb01r||Owned by:|
|Priority:||Intend to||Milestone:||EPrints 3.2.10|
|Component:||Indexer & Search||Version:|
- Searching code is obscure/lacking documentation
- Username searches don't work for names less than 3 chars long
- Advanced searches for hyphenated terms ("funky-town") are broken (either 'funky' or 'town' depending on hash indexes)
- Simple search only applies text-based searches (would be nice to also EQuals match the entire query for each field?)
- Empty terms aren't cleaned up (DELETE * FROM __index WHERE ids=':')
- Could the grep tables be rolled into the normal index table? (Reduce db complexity)
- More efficient mechanism than colon-concatenated? e.g. bit-vector or packed ULLs?
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.